Bomb Threats Check List
- Keep caller on the phone.
- Get detailed information from the caller.
- Look at the telephone display, if equipped, write down the number.
- Call the police.
- Inform Dept. Head or Building Manager.
- Evacuate if directed to do so.
- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible.
- Attempt to obtain as much information as possible from the caller by using the checklist given above.
- Look at the telephone display console if you have one and write down the information (telephone number, name, etc.) that appears on the console.
- Call the Oregon State University Department of Public Safety Dispatch at 7-7000. Give your name, location and telephone number. Inform them of the situation, including any information you may have as to the location of the bomb, time it is set to detonate, and the time when you received the call. Do not hang up until the dispatcher releases you from the conversation.
- Inform your supervisor and/or department head. Indicate to your supervisor that you have notified the Department of Public Safety Dispatch.
- If you should spot a suspicious object, package, etc., report it to the Department of Public Safety. Do not touch, tamper, or move it in any way.
- If instructed to evacuate, move a safe distance away from the building. Do not re-enter the building until instructed that it is safe to do so by authorized personnel.
Bomb Threat Work Sheet
Questions to ask: (record exact wording)
- Where is the bomb located? __________________________________________
- What time is it set to go off? __________________________________________
- What does the bomb look like? __________________________________________
- What kind of bomb is it? __________________________________________
- What will cause it to explode? __________________________________________
- Did you place the bomb? __________________________________________
- Why? __________________________________________
- What is your address? __________________________________________
- What is your name? __________________________________________
Gender of caller _________ Age _________ Race _________ Duration of call _________
|______ Calm||______ Crying||______ Deep|
|______ Soft||______ Loud||______ Laughing|
|______ Raspy||______ Familiar||______ Nasal|
|______ Stutter||______ Distinct||______ Accent|
|______ Slow||______ Disguised||______ Excited|
|______ Deep Breathing||______ Angry||______ Normal|
|______ Ragged||______ Lisp||______ Crackling Voice|
If the voice is familiar, whom did it sound like?_____________________________________
|______ Street Noises||______ House Noises||______ Clear|
|______ Local||______ Static||______ Voices|
|______ Office Equipment||______ Motor||______ Factory Equipment|
|______ Long Distance||______ Phone Booth||______ PA System|
|______ Music||______ Animal Noises||______ Crockery|
|______ Well Spoken||______ Foul||______ Irrational|
|______ Incoherent||______ Taped||______ Message Read by Caller|
|Number at which call was received||__________________|
Report Call Immediately to the Oregon State University Department of Public Safety Dispatch 7-7000.
Fill out completely, immediately after bomb threat. Date_____/_____/_____